In making material available online Gateways to the First World War acts in good faith. If you are concerned that you have found material on our website for which you have not given permission, contravenes privacy laws, or is obscene / defamatory and in terms of copyright law is not covered by a limitation or exception, please contact us at email@example.com stating the following:
- Your contact details.
- The full details of the material.
- The exact and full url where you found the material.
- If the request relates to copyright, provide proof that you are the rights holder and a statement that, under penalty of perjury, you are the rights holder or are an authorised representative.
- The reason for your request including but not limited to copyright law, privacy laws, data protection, obscenity, defamation etc.
Presenters who have had their presentations filmed/recorded and published online and wish to have the recording removed or amended may also follow this procedure.
Upon receipt of notification the Takedown procedure is then invoked as follows:
Gateways to the First World War will acknowledge receipt of your complaint by email or letter and will make an initial assessment of the validity and plausibility of the complaint in conjunction with the University of Kent’s Copyright and Licensing Compliance Officer or Corporate Communications Team (if appropriate).
Upon receipt of a valid complaint the material will be temporarily removed from the Gateways to the First World War website pending an agreed solution. Possible solutions are as follows:
- The material is replaced on the Gateways to the First World War website unchanged.
- The material is replaced on the Gateways to the First World War website with changes.
- The material is permanently removed from the website.