A joint conference between Wiltshire and Swindon History Centre and Wiltshire Local History Forum, looking at the legacy post-2018 of diverse local projects to research and commemorate the First World War.
- Professor Maggie Andrews, University of Worcester on ‘Engaging Localities and Leaving Legacies: what can we learn from the WW1 centenary’
- Archaeologist Martin Brown on ‘Death’s Men? WW1 Training in Wiltshire – challenging perceptions through archaeological findings’
- Dr Philippa Read, University of Leeds on the Tracing the Belgian Refugees database project
- Ruth Butler, Education Officer, on ‘Teaching and Learning after the Centenary: Has commemoration changed our understanding and teaching of WW1?’
- Claire Skinner, Principal Archivist WSHC, on ‘An Overview of National Legacy Projects’.
Venue: Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre, Cocklebury Rd, Chippenham SN15 3QN
Cost £7 payable to Wiltshire Local History Forum – lunch included.
Please see: www.wiltshirelocalhistory.org for further details
Booking via email@example.com Tel 01249 705510