As we are now into the final year of the commemorations of the centenary of the First World War, Civic Voice wants to ensure that communities will continue to cherish and protect local war memorials beyond November 2018.
Recognising that young people are the custodians of the future, they have organised a free workshop aimed at anyone who wants to engage with schools and/or youth groups to encourage them to explore their local heritage. The workshop will take place in Manchester on 1st May 2018, 10am – 1pm.
Led by the Learning Officer at War Memorials Trust, the workshop will help you discover:
- The best ways to approach a school/youth group
- Ways of linking activities to the curriculum
- Different types of learning activities that can be carried out with school or youth groups
- Resources available online
- Community stories and top tips from volunteers who have worked with schools
Although the workshop will use examples of activities relating to war memorials, the content of the workshop will be applicable to those wishing to engage with schools and youth groups with other types of heritage too.
For more details and to reserve your free place please visit
or call 0121 792 8177.